[plug] Interesting - has anyone tried?

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Tue May 20 13:42:32 WST 2008

Kev wrote:
> This is a copy/paste of an email I just received.  Have any of you out
> there had a look at Ulteo?  Do you think it's worth a look for non-tech
> Linux user?

Personally, I'm more interested in the other way around - eg Ubuntu (for
the novices like me) plus VirtualBox. With that, I'm told, I can run
Windows apps seamlessly. The screenshot here
http://www.ulteo.com/main/images/vd/vs-desktop-s.jpg
shows running Linux apps in Windows.

That said, I reckon it's definitely cool that this stuff is around. I'm
also fascinated by the Online Desktop option. I'm travelling later this
year, so having my environment on a server somewhere is attractive...
ignoring privacy concerns (:

Greg.