[plug] Re: Looking for a Web Monkey (Still)

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:29:10 WST 2008

After interviewing a few candidates who didn't quite have the required
skills we need, we're still looking for a Web Guru at Murdoch Uni. Is
it just me, or is it a lot tougher to find decent programmers looking
for work in Perth than it was a couple of years ago?

If you're interested in a job like this, please drop me an E-mail. If
you know anyone else who might be interested, please let them know
too.

We're looking for someone with a decent grasp of supporting,
enhancing, creating, and fixing web apps in an Apache environment.
Perl/PHP is useful, although we're happy to take someone who's good at
picking up different languages, and doesn't mind us saying "No, don't
do it in Java or .NET". MySQL, Oracle, XML, XSLT & JS/AJAX skills are
also valued.

There's also some non-Apache work, such as Java portlets in an Oracle
Portal platform, an IIS server for some 3rd party Windows specific
apps, etc...

The salary range is "$61K-$75K" (including Super) if you've got some
good experience under your belt, although we're happy to consider
fresh graduates, etc. It won't make you rich, but it pays the bills.
^_^

The office is also within easy walking distance of the famous Murdoch
Campus Asian Food aka "Curry Shack" for all your spicy lunch needs.
-_^

--
Trevor Phillips - http://dortamur.livejournal.com/
"On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds, of