[plug] Linux on Toughbooks

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Thu May 22 21:39:12 WST 2008

Well, I'm still just in the exploring stage. I currently don't have
the money, but I am interested in the linux compatibility. If he
doesn't mind, it would be great to just get his opinion and see what
he thinks about linux on them.

Thanks

Tim

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:00 AM, Paul Antoine <pma-la at milleng.com.au> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I know the guy who represents them in WA and can get him to email you with
> details of the Linux compatibility if you like.  I'm sure he'll let me boot
> Ubuntu on his demo to check it too, if it hasn't been done before.
>
> Paul
>
> Tim White wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking at getting a business level Panasonic Toughbook (don't need
>> the fingerprint reader stuff, just ethernet, wireless, bluetooth, graphics,
>> and HSDPA if it has it).
>> Does anyone have experiance with any of these, and how they run linux??
>> Or does anyone have experiance with drivers for those devices, under
>> linux, in another computer?? I believe most of it is Intel, but I'm not
>> sure.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tim

Timothy White - In South Africa, JBay, YWAM Base
Linux Counter user #273956