[plug] Linux on Toughbooks

Paul Antoine pma-la at milleng.com.au
Tue May 27 15:42:49 WST 2008

That's ok... I explained you had "budgetary constraints" at the moment
:-)  And it's no hassle asking my friend Helier as he loves talking
about the toughbooks.

Turns out Linux has been run on them but isn't officially supported.  I
have offered to support customers he might find through my company
Millennium Engineering.  In the meantime Helier has agreed that we'll
see about doing a dual-boot install on his demo laptop as a test (and
not say it too loudly to management!)

Helier's demo is fun... he throws the laptop at the ground (i.e. not
just drops it) much to the horror of the prospective customers :-)

P.