[plug] Greetings

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon May 26 14:20:36 WST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 13:26 +0800, Peter Taekema wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 14:26 +1000, clare wrote:
> > How many of these remote people have cheap long distance calls via voip?
> > Is a teleconference phone call feasible?
> > And no I don't know anything about how it is done.
> > clare
> >

> I have no idea how many people would have a VOIP setup on their phones,
> but I have seen/read that others on this list use Skype, so using
> something like that may be an option, but I still think an actual
> meet-up would be great.
>
> Katanning is fairly central (for those living south of Perth) and I
> would be happy to help get something happening... but I'm only new to
> this group/list and don't want to step an any toes...

The toes around here are quite resilient, besides, if you're looking at
getting something done, it's your toes that matter.

> I'm just putting my hand up.

Put your hand up around here and the job's yours, even if you are just
stretching.

>    I've never been to a PLUG meeting and would have no idea
> about a speaker

Coordinate with the designated person and all should be fine...

>  but could do some stuff on web development (using
> drupal, etc) if that's of interest to anyone?

Putting your hand up twice in the same post?  Wow!  Be careful!

> Cheers,
> Peter.

Tim Bowden