[plug] wireless internet

Coral and Ben cobel at bigpond.com
Mon May 26 14:42:57 WST 2008

I use nextG right now for internet, Ive mentioned before about the car
kit antenna on my roof (boosts reception from almost none, to some...),
but for the sake of interest (as much as I hate telstra) I can not
complain about the nextG internet. The modem works fine with linux,
although it is not supported for linux by them, and the service has been
fast and reliable - and also if you are a bigpond member you have access
to their file library which is a fast server that hosts many many large
files including linux isos software etc and downloading anything from
the file library doesnt count towards your monlthly limit - and you can
request they mirror anything on the internet for you, generally anything
that is most kinds of 'free' will be mirrored there for you

they do however make you pair an unfairly high price for the service.

I got a call from dodo the other day trying to flog me some services -
they might be worth investigating apparently they are now offering
wireless broadband too at half the cost of telstra with twice the data
usage, however I never recieved my promised callback regarding coverage
in my area...