[plug] wireless internet

Mike Holland michael.holland at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:17:43 WST 2008

Kev wrote:
> I know that Telstra do some kind of system on NextG (or whatever it's

Thats their brand for 3G on 850MHz.  It works well for internet access -
fast down, but slow up. But it is expensive compared to optus/voda/3 in
the city.

http://my.bigpond.com/internetplans/broadband/wireless/plansandoffers/default.jsp
http://www.beeneverywhere.com.au/html/pricing.htm

$80 for 1GB,  $49 for 400MB or 1GB at crippled speed, ...
+$249 modem. Or use a 3G HSDPA phone as modem??

> called).  Does anybody know if I might have any more options other than
> satellite?  For instance, do Optus do a competitive product to the NextG

Not in Albany. Unless you want GPRS speeds.