[plug] not too dumb I hope

Kev kdownes at bbnet.com.au
Tue May 27 17:55:14 WST 2008

Thanx gize.  That's set my mind at rest.

Kev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope my question isn't too dumb, but I just can't visualise what's
> going to happen when I virtualise my idea.
>
> Say I have 2 physical HDDs, /apart/ from the drive where my system and
> home directory is mounted, and each of which has only 1 partition.  If
> I mount one as, say, ~kev/music and another one as
> ~/kev/music/favourites will there be any collision of any sort?  For
> instance, when I check how much space I've used on each will the
> figures for ~kev/music also include whatever stuff is in
> ~/kev/music/favoutites?  While the latter is a separate HDD, it is
> mounted as a subdirectory of the former.
> I think my seniors' moments are coming all too frequently now-a-days.
> My head gets in a spin just trying to visualise what it is I'm wanting
> to do.
>
> Tia
> Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at bbnet.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We used to use and recommend Xandros but they went to the dark side
So we'll soon be using and recommending Debian Etch
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
There is sufficient light for those who desire to see,
and there is sufficient darkness for those of a contrary disposition.
        - Blaise Pascal, Pensees 149