[plug] eee pc 4G and Netgear DG834G ADSL Wireless Modem/router

sothisistheinternet sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:20:45 WST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 9:10 PM, David Dartnall <darts at dialix.com.au> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> It's a bit sad, I bought an eee 4G (701) at Arrow for 300 bucks just before
> seeing on Friday the  8G (702) advertised for 330 odd.
> Ah well...

Who has the 702? I didn't even realise that Asus released another 7" Eee.

> Anyway following recent discussion on the list I also bought a DG834G under
> the impression that it could be connected to one of my existing Netgear ADSL
> modem's RJ-45 ports to provide wireless to my eee (without using the modem
> section of the DG834G).

That's correct - you should be able to use it as a switch and an
access point. Give it a fixed IP address and connect to its web
interface. Turn off the other router's DHCP service and allow the
DG834G to work as the DHCP server (for the wireless laptops).

Ari