[plug] [OT] Emergency secondary dns services

tim tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Sun Nov 30 20:41:59 WST 2008

I've just run into a spot of bother with a server (Debian etch) I've had
in the Amcom data centre (1 Adelaide Tce).  Apparently they've had power
issues (can anyone confirm?) and as a response my colo provider has very
suddenly pulled out of there completely (envisagenetworks.net- anyone
have any experience with them? And apparently there's now space for
about 11 free racks down there if you can tolerate the power outages and
air con failures!).

They've temporarily housed my server in QV1 where they have some limited
space, however for now at least it's behind a nat'd server of their own.
I've got everything going except dns.  For some reason port 53 isn't
being nat'd properly.  Unfortunately they're too busy trying to relocate
more servers than they have capacity to handle so they're a bit
stretched when it comes trying to sort out this problem.  Can anyone
help out with a bit of emergency slave dns for a week or two?  If
possible I'd like to get this going tonight as mail will be an issue
come business hours tomorrow.  Drop me a line off list if so.

Regards,
Tim Bowden