[plug] [OT] Emergency secondary dns services

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:10:34 WST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 20:41 +0900, tim wrote:
> I've just run into a spot of bother with a server (Debian etch) I've
> had
> in the Amcom data centre (1 Adelaide Tce).  Apparently they've had
> power
> issues (can anyone confirm?) and as a response my colo provider has
> very
> suddenly pulled out of there completely

Can you or anyone confirm and elaborate on this problem with amcom? My
need is less 'mission critical' than yours since I'm only using
amnet/amcom for my isp (with fixed ip provided), but we did have an
outage for several hours the other day where anywhere outside their
immediate peering network was unreachable. They blamed upstream
providers. This may be an unrelated issue, so I don't want to fan flames
that aren't there ...

Gavin.