[plug] HP/Compaq NX5000 Broadcom BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX NIC problem

Keith Bawden keith at bawdo.com
Sat Oct 25 09:04:10 WST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 17:04, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
> What do I need to do, to install it and get it going, so that I can
> continuously operate the network card?

Which kernel are you running? I have used the Broadcom BCM4401-B0 with
the following kernels without any issue at all so if your kernel
version is dramatically lower than these you might want to look at
trying one of the following (or higher):

2.6.19
2.6.20
2.6.22
2.6.24

However, I have not been able to get the interface to work at all when
using Xen kernels. I have tried with the following Xen Kernels:

Xen 3.2 / 2.6.21
Xen 3.1 / 2.6.20

Regards,Keith