[plug] harddrive becomes read-only

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Sep 8 00:35:53 WST 2008

8<---------------- snip ------------------>8
> Okay, thanks for your advice. I have other discs to replace it with.
> Trouble is, I used LVM for the first in my life and did it half-baked
> (ie., not understanding all it's ins-n-outs) so am unclear how I might
> swap out one drive from a 2-drive logical volume :-/

If you want to remove one drive - you will need to :
1 - install the new hard drive in your computer alongside existing drives
2 - export or remove the data/contents from the LVM volumes on the
affected drive to the new  hard
3 - remove the drive which needs to be replaced
4 - then add the contents on the replacement drive back into the LVM

Sorry about the terminology, but I hope you get my drift.

Regards Arie