[plug] Scanners

landerson lan89295 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 25 13:58:37 WST 2009

  Good Afternoon,

  Due to a recent system's failure it has been necessary to rebuild my
  Operating System from scratch, this was easy but have had no luck
  getting my scanner up & running.

  The system I use is Debian Sid

  The scanner is an epson perfection 4990 PHOTO which uses sane external
  backends.

  Remember the following components

  sane/xsane, the appropriate  iscan version  for my scanner model but
  there are 1 or 2 additional components I have forgotten.

  Could some kind plugger refresh my memory as to what they are,
  where they can be found & what the overall installation sequence
  should be.
  This would help speed up the installation.

  Many thanks, look forward most constructive reply

  Yours

  Laurie.
  I would come to one of the plug sessions but being restricted to
  Public Transport these days makes it difficult.