[plug] Fedora 10

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sun Apr 26 22:10:42 WST 2009

Thanks.  I finally got bitten trying to take a shortcut.  I thought if
it's possible to have an xorg.conf, why not copy the one I've been
using.  Not a good idea.  Not only did I loose the gui, removing
xorg.conf failed to restore it.

Anyway, I reinstalled from scratch on an older 32-bit Intel system and
it's working now.

Curious thing though.  I initially installed on a 64-bit AMD system with
only one hdd, and used the entire disk.  When I tried using the disk on
the 32-bit Intel system, it failed to boot, saying an LVM could not be
found.  It looks like maybe the installer detected the 64-bit cpu and
installed some code not good on 32-bit.  Or something...

Other than fine control over what programs are run as root, is there a
difference between sudo and kdesu?

Jim