[plug] [OT] IT Certifications

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:18:22 WST 2009

> Final point. I think building a network of gainfully employed geeks is
> going to help you out much more than a resume. I was introduced to my
> current employer by a couple of friends from the local LUG. So get
> along to your local LUG, make some friends, learn some things and
> eventually one of them will recommend you to a potential employer :)

This is a great point you make. Now if only my best mate still had his
IT job....
I've heard on the grapevine that Schools are looking for IT personal,
due to the government giving them lots of money for the 1 computer per
2 students thing. So my first avenu is going to be applying at
schools. I have a friend already in one school, but no vacancies
there. My resume does look good, I try and rely on a short but
interesting cover letter rather than my resume, to highlight my IT
skills experience, so I'll keep trying, and maybe enrol in a course to
get at least one qualification to boot.

Thanks

Tim

--