[plug] Numbats (was: Re: [plug-announce] Re: *** PLUG August Seminar - The Murchison Widefield Array radio telescope ***)

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Aug 10 18:12:07 WST 2009

Patrick Coleman wrote:
> While we don't have a talk planned for tomorrow, we'll be doing a
> workshop and ad-hoc presentations, so if you've been working on
> something cool come and give a quick 5-minute presentation!

Hi Patrick

I gave a talk at BarCamp09 about using UML statecharts for coding in very
small devices but it would be a 30 minute talk. See slides:

http://www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/harry/barcamp09.pdf

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll bring along the gadget. I'm just
adding the IR transmitter and driver hardware today.

I'd like to also see if anyone is interested in a reading group for the UML
Statecharts book (with hardware hacking on Arduino boards or similar).

Also, if any PLUGer has one, I'd like to be able to access a Sony HandyCam
DCR-HC-36 to test the gadget before sending it down to the DEC research
scientist in Albany.

All the best
Harry