[plug] Tim has scored the switch...

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Aug 7 13:02:01 WST 2009

...but if anyone has a spare 9VDC plugpak, that would
probably help him.

I also have a dLink 504T ADSL router which worked, except
that _sometimes_ it would go into a mode where _web_ access
only (not POP/SMTP/SSH/DNS/anything) would be bog-slow or
fail completely. It includes a plugpak & would probably do
fine for a backup/spare/test unit.

I intend to attend the PLUG talk at FutureSphere on Tue
evening, so will bring that along if interested.

I intend to chat with others about the process of
reconstructing my business, which will necessitate having
Perth people on whom I can call, so if interested in
having a hand in that, happy to discuss without
committment.

I also have a choice of:

  * 17" Dell CRT screen;
  * Complete working system running Kubuntu 9.04 with
    256MB RAM, 40GB IDE HDD, another such CRT, P3/600
    CPU, USB optical mouse, dodgy PS2 keyboard;

You are welcome to either or both. The donors would
appreciate a donation (no matter how small) in return
but it's not mandatory. I can probably trolly _one_ of
the pair to FutureSphere.

There may be another PC of similar spec available as
well. These are in find-a-good-home mode, but if you can
use such a PC for business purposes (e.g. free web access
at reception)...

I'll sell for $100 apiece (+GST) installed on an existing
metro LAN & working.

Unlike an MS-Windows box, of course, there are inherently
virus-free & essentially uncrackable (with less then mil-
spec effort).

Cheers; Leon