[plug] Participate in research, learn about and use Linux security systems

Z. Cliffe Schreuders c.schreuders at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Aug 17 12:57:19 WST 2009

Thanks to those who have agreed to participate.

*Some more information to entice others:*
When you run a program that program is typically trusted with all of
your privileges. That is, the programs you run can do anything you can
do. They have complete access to all of your personal documents. This is
unfortunate, as *you cannot trust programs to act on your behalf*.
Vulnerabilities often allow attackers to take control of the programs
you run, and some programs (malware) are designed to be malicious.

By participating in this research you will learn about and use three
different Linux security mechanisms for confining applications. *This is
a unique opportunity to learn about and get some hands on experience
with application confinement.*

If you are interested, send me an email (c.schreuders at murdoch.edu.au).
If you have any questions then please ask.

Thanks again,

Z. Cliffe Schreuders
PhD Candidate