[plug] Participate in research, learn about and use Linux security systems (last chance)

Z. Cliffe Schreuders c.schreuders at murdoch.edu.au
Sat Aug 29 23:15:27 WST 2009

Here is the schedule for the remaining sessions. This week will probably
be the last week the study will run. So, if you are interested in
learning about and using Linux application confinement security systems,
*this may be your last chance!* This is a unique opportunity to get some
hands on experience with Linux application confinement.
*
*The Murdoch study break (this week) will probably be the last week the
study runs. I have a number of sessions lined up, so there should be one
which suits you. *Let me know if you can make it to one of these
sessions* and I will reserve a place for you and ensure the session runs.

*Sessions Planned for This Week (Murdoch Study Break):
    Monday 31st August, 10:30am
    Monday 31st August, 3:30pm
    Tuesday 1st September, 12:30pm
    Tuesday 1st September, 5:30pm
    Wednesday 2nd September, 10:30am
    Wednesday 2nd September, 3:30pm
    Thursday 3rd September, 12:30pm
    Thursday 3rd September, 5:30pm
    Friday 4th September, 10:30am
    Friday 4th September, 5:30pm

Please let me know if you can attend one of these sessions.

*If you cannot attend any of these sessions but would still like to
participate then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Reminders: Your involvement will be for one session. The session takes
about 3 hours. During the session you will learn about and use three
security systems and give feedback about them. You can't trust the
programs that you run with all of your privileges. A solution is to
restrict what programs are allowed to do. This study compares the
usability of three application confinement systems.

Thank you,

Z. Cliffe Schreuders
PhD Candidate
School of IT