[plug] How to add a WiFi PC card D-Link DWL-650+ to Ubuntu 9.10?

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 14:06:13 WST 2009

I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop 32-bit i386 on an IBM Thinkpad T40. I have a PCMCIA card from D-Link, a WiFi DWF-650+ in the laptop but it's not recognized at all. No LDE on the card and nothing in the system that indicates that the card is there. The card works fine when I boot Windows. I did a couple of searches on the Net, but nothing conclusive came up. Any idea of how I should investigate?

Thanks

Fred