[plug] How to add a WiFi PC card D-Link DWL-650+ to Ubuntu 9.10?

andrew andrew.sharp at jcy.net
Mon Dec 7 14:21:05 WST 2009

Fred,
Have you tried tailing dmesg  while you plug in the card / remove it to
see what, if anything, it says?

If you aren't familiar with dmesg it's kinda like the kernel log.

If you get into a terminal session and type:

sudo tail -f /var/log/dmesg

it should display the last bit of the log and then it'll show you new
info as it's written as you plug in / remove the card.

- Andrew