[plug] Broadband providers.

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Feb 15 23:32:17 WST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 23:11 +0900, Arie Hol wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2009 at 18:12, Richard Meyer wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 17:56 +0900, Arie Hol wrote:
> > >
> > > On 15 Feb 2009 at 14:19, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > >

> > > 8< ------------ snip -------------- >8
>  Hi Arie ....
> >
> > Thanks for the link, but it doesn't really help, because my phone number
> > is in Currambine, while I am asking about Somerley, where I intend to
> > move.   ;-)
> >
> > Once I've moved there and got a phone, I can check.  ;-)   The fact that
> > I don't know anyone in Somerley whose phone number I can use precludes
> > me using their number for the check [**** BRAIN STORM ****] ...... BUT
> > by one of those serendipitous coincidences that makes people believe
> > that live is ordered, not random - a friend of a friend lives in the
> > same street. (1)
> >
> > I could ask for his number and run a check ...... in fact I will.
> >
> > Thanks
> > RM
>
> If you don't have your own phone number, you could always use the phone
> number of a business located in the same exchange/area - your main
> objective is get data about ISP services at the exchange rather than a
> particular phone number.
>
> Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.  :-)
>
> Regards Arie

Thanks, yes - this is a purely residential area - no businesses. But, as
I said in my brainstorm part, which seems to be creating its own
subthread re serendipity and coincidence, which is even less
Linux-related, I'll try to get the number of a neighbour.

I'll post my findings back here if anyone is interested ....

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629