[plug] PLUG Library

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:47:44 WST 2009

Hi!

Here another suggestion of a non financial member :P

A library is morre about cataloguin information than about books themselves
this days.

What if the PLUG library is a (for example) a wiki, moderated by the
librarian, where we post links following a catalogue-like order (by topic, for
example).

The function of the librarian would be to assess the quality of the link
proposed, and that the suggested category by the poster is adecuate.

For example, I fing a very good how to about seting up a dns server. I post it
into a special area of the wiki, and propose it to be under categorys: dns,
server, debian.

The librarian checks that the howto is good enough to be worth listed in the
library, and may decide that the how to is applicable to any distro, so he
deletes the proposed "debian" category, and also can tell if the howto is good
for begginers, med or experts, and then publishes that link in those
categories along with that information.

Also, every six months links should be checked to make sure they are still
there and that it is still valid (not outdated or something like that).

That was my $0.51 :P

Cheers!

Marcos