[plug] web based database front end

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Feb 18 20:01:17 WST 2009

garry <garbuck at westnet.com.au> writes:
> Adam Hewitt wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone point me to a linux based, open source, web page designer
>> to create forms, reports, etc from an MySQL database?

Not really, which annoys the heck out of me: I want to be able to do
more or less the same thing, cheaply, and currently can't.

>> I have the database desgined already with data in it, but i need to
>> present the data to other users and allow them to update it in a
>> reasonable format and I don't have the time to write something from
>> scratch in php/perl
>
> Maybe django?  http://www.djangoproject.com/

I suspect writing the same thing from scratch in Python is also outside
Adam's scope. ;)

The one tool that looks like it /might/ work is rekall/web:

    http://www.rekallrevealed.org/

I have not had the enthusiasm to build the KDE and web stuff for Debian,
after it dropped out of there, unmaintained, some time ago.

Regards,
        Daniel