[plug] Accounting and Linux

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Feb 19 08:12:00 WST 2009

G'day nutters,

This is mostly off-topic except for the fact I want to do all my book keeping in Linux :)

I'm back in Perth now and am starting a small one man consulting business. I thought I remembered we
had an accountant on the list who was familiar with this kind of thing. For the last 5 years I've
run a business in a country with no tax laws, no record keeping requirements and no regulation and
therefore I'm completely out of the loop as to what I need to do to keep my house in order (GST
gives me the willies). I could always go and find an accountant elsewhere, but I'd rather fund
someone who knows how to operate outside of the Windows world.

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them