[plug] Cheap Linux-friendly SATA/PCI Controllers

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Fri Jan 9 23:22:00 WST 2009

I've had good experiences with Initio SATA PCI RAID controllers both on
Windows and Linux. They're faster than the Sili's (named after the
corruption the older cards used to introduce into RAID mirrors) and they
have more onboard processing than Sili's, Adaptec HostRAID, FastTrack
and ICH8/9/10 RAID controllers.
And they work perfectly as single drives...

Of course I haven't installed one lately as the HP servers (with
hardware RAID) have very nice Linux support.

Craig F.