[plug] Fedora - BAH!!!

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 25 12:52:17 WST 2009

Now that I've caught everyone's eye, I have a problem with Fedora 10.

I'm giving it a try, because I'm a dyed-in-the-wool SUSE user who is
disappointed (nice way to put it) with 11.x. Since the latest Linux
Format had a Fedora 10 DVD attached and they gave it 10/10, I decided to
give it a go.

Firstly Firefox couldn't find anything out there on the web, not even
the Fedora.org site. I could ping, tracepath, etc, so I knew the network
was basically sound. I managed to fix this with a google and using
about:config and changing the network.dns.disableIPV6 setting to true.

I still cannot see the software repositories (or suppositories) as I'm
starting to think.

Anyone with a clue, who will lend it to me? I'll return it only slightly
used, I promise.

Overall, though, I quite like it, it's very blue (by default), but I'm
not going to squeal about that like some reviewers do about the brown in
Ubuntu. I'm originally from Africa, and brown is soothing - it may well
be cultural.

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629