[plug] Fedora - BAH!!!

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Jan 25 16:48:27 WST 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Richard Meyer wrote:

> Now that I've caught everyone's eye, I have a problem with Fedora 10.

I thought that that was what using Fedora is all about - having a
problem with it.

:)

> I'm giving it a try, because I'm a dyed-in-the-wool SUSE user who is
> disappointed (nice way to put it) with 11.x. Since the latest Linux
> Format had a Fedora 10 DVD attached and they gave it 10/10, I decided to
> give it a go.

I think that we got the Ubunbtu 8.10 disk from Linux format. Put Ubuntu
8.10 on my laptop, and it generally runs well. Three options for
booting; Ubuntu 8.10, Winows XP, and Debian 4.0. Network access is
unstable with Debian 4.0, However. That was one reason why we installed
Ubuntu 8.10 on the laptop.

> Overall, though, I quite like it, it's very blue (by default), but I'm
> not going to squeal about that like some reviewers do about the brown in
> Ubuntu. I'm originally from Africa, and brown is soothing - it may well
> be cultural.

Colour can be changed. Mine is blue, with Debian blue logo background,
in the Ubuntu 8.10 installation.

Only thing weird about Ubuntu (as far as I am aware) is its name. A
company somewhere in Eurpoe (the Canonical web site says only
"headquartered in Europe") has a product with an African name, the
product having originated in Finland (Linux, from the student at the
University of Helsinki).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale