Re: [plug] Linux to spend eternity in shadow of 'little blue E' • The Register

James Clarke jamesc at global.net.au
Wed Jan 28 19:43:45 WST 2009

I installed Linux on my cousins (a mechanic by trade, totally not into
computers) computer, because the hard drive crashed and he didn't have
any windows disk, so I put in a new hard drive and installed Ubuntu.
Spent a couple of hours showing him how to do all the things he wants
to do like send email, surf the web, play music, use skype, get
pictures from his digital camera on to the hard drive, burn CDs, etc.

A couple of months later he came back with a couple of bottles of
vintage red, saying a big thank you and that the new software never
crashed and run so much faster than windows.

So non techies can use Linux especially the likes of Ubuntu if you
spend enough time with them showing them the ropes.