[plug] "Dynamic" Apt Sources.list

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Jul 31 11:05:15 WST 2009

Tim <weirdit at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm currently looking for a way to use different apt mirrors depending on my
> network location.

Last time I did something like this I used the 'whereami' package to detect
and configure the system.  It gives you the components to configure whatever
changes you want dynamically, so you can use it for anything you want to
change based on network location.

I don't know if it has kept up to date with the new world order, though, since
I have not needed anything like that for a long, long while.

Regards,
        Daniel