[plug] "Dynamic" Apt Sources.list

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:20:09 WST 2009

I'm currently looking for a way to use different apt mirrors depending
on my network location. For example, from home I use the iinet mirrors
(which are on WAIX for me). But when I'm at uni, I can use the uni
mirrors (curtin in this case) so it doesn't cost me any traffic. But,
I don't know if the uni mirrors are on waix (some curtin ones appear
to be, can't find out about the ubuntu mirror though), so I obviously
don't want to leave it on those mirrors when I'm at home.

I did find this script, that I can probably make work for me.
http://viperfang.net/2009/05/dynamic-apt-sources-list-selection/

But does anyone else know of a way to make it select apt mirrors
depending on network location?

Thanks

Tim

--