[plug] FOSS Web Hosting "Control Panels"

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 12:52:48 WST 2009

I'm currently looking around for a Virtual Hosts control panel setup
(needs to be free and run on a LAMP server). I currently use Plesk to
work with a Vhost for an organisation, and so that's kinda my bench
mark that I'm comparing stuff too.
I've found a few control panels, VHCS, SysCP, and while they look
good, without doing a full setup on a testing server I have, I can't
do a decent evalutation. So I'm hoping that others out there will have
used these, or know of other software, and can recommend and give
opinions having used them.
Something in particular that I am looking for, is the ability to do
complex DNS settings via the control panel, so not just subdomains,
but also MX and CNAME records. I'm not too concerned about the email
side of the control panel, as for most clients that I'm looking at
hosting for, they don't need email hosting, rather that will all be
handled by Google Apps.

Thanks

Tim

--