[plug] Re: Wireless AP not found in iwlist

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:46:16 WST 2009

On Jue, 11 Jun 2009 04:27:40 PM Lucas van Staden escribió:
> Ok, some more info,
>
> just remembered that the Linux Mint cd can be used as a live cd, so I
> booted up on it (same mint as my office machine),
> and the network cards can see both AP's fine, and connect fine to Belkin
> N AP
>
> So....
>
> It most definately is something missing on my ubuntu server install, I
> just have no clue what.

Have you tried to disable all encryption in the AP, just to discard things?

What about the kernel of Ubuntu? does the driver for the WL card support n?
Maybe is an older kernel/driver.

Try to install all suggested packages by network manager, or reinstall it
fully.

I can't think of anything else that would cause that.

Cheers!

Marcos