[plug] Groupware (Shared calendar / address book)

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Jun 16 16:02:27 WST 2009

Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> writes:

> I'm currently converting an office over from Exchange to something a little
> more open, but have come up against the groupware wall.
>
> The preferred client for windows is outlook.

Ouch.  If they want groupware functionality and Outlook then you are going to
have to pay money for it, in my experience.

> This is primarily as the two windows users sync with their blackberries.

I can't say this strongly enough: if the proposed solution to this ever
involves NotifyLink, run, don't walk, the other way.

Anyway, I advise Zimbra; it is, so far, the least awful of the available
options.  Their commercial option is reasonable, but you probably will pay
less if you use a hosted version rather than running your own.

Specifically, you will do that unless you need 25+ license, because of the
cost of the mobile connector service.

Regards,
        Daniel