[plug] Still going for $0: PCs

mccabedj mccabedj at ucc.asn.au
Tue May 12 13:53:53 WST 2009

Leon Brooks wrote:
> If you would like a PC, typically about 1-1.5GHz, 256
> or 512MB of RAM, random number of tens of gigabytes of
> hard disk, CRT (not flat) screen, raise your hand now.

I am doing benchmarking of compcache (open source memory compression) on
old memory limited (256MB) machines. Doing a benchmark on a machine that
actually came with 256MB is more authentic and convenient than limiting
my dual core 2 to 256MB.

I don't suppose there are any 256MB machines left?

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student, University of Western Australia