[plug] Still going for $0: PCs

Kev kdownes at bbnet.com.au
Tue May 12 14:00:34 WST 2009

Turn 'em into IPCop boxes and give them to the needy :-) .

mccabedj wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
>> If you would like a PC, typically about 1-1.5GHz, 256
>> or 512MB of RAM, random number of tens of gigabytes of
>> hard disk, CRT (not flat) screen, raise your hand now.
>
> I am doing benchmarking of compcache (open source memory compression)
> on old memory limited (256MB) machines. Doing a benchmark on a machine
> that actually came with 256MB is more authentic and convenient than
> limiting my dual core 2 to 256MB.
>
> I don't suppose there are any 256MB machines left?

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kev at downes.name  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you,
 then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve
 as for me and my household ...
 ... we will serve the LORD."               Joshua 24:15