[plug] SMP Athlon MP 1600+

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:06:29 WST 2009

> Regarding the computer - does it POST? Have you reset the CMOS values
> to the safety defaults? Have you tried having it boot from a floppy
> drive? What boot order options does it give you?

it does POST no problem.

I struggled to get it to boot from CD-ROM. USB boot is out of the
question. And I've not yet managed to get it to boot off a hard drive
from another machine (although as I previously said, the hard drive
was playing up.).
It does have floppy boot, but i'm fairly lacking on floppy technology
now days, and was hoping I wouldn't have to drag out an older machine.

I'll have another try with the hard drive boot later today.

Tim

--
Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia