[plug] SMP Athlon MP 1600+

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:26:30 WST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Bernd Felsche
<berfel at innovative.iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Tim <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Regarding the computer - does it POST? Have you reset the CMOS values
>>> to the safety defaults? Have you tried having it boot from a floppy
>>> drive? What boot order options does it give you?
>
>>it does POST no problem.
>
>>I struggled to get it to boot from CD-ROM. USB boot is out of the
>>question. And I've not yet managed to get it to boot off a hard drive
>>from another machine (although as I previously said, the hard drive
>>was playing up.).
>>It does have floppy boot, but i'm fairly lacking on floppy technology
>>now days, and was hoping I wouldn't have to drag out an older machine.
>
>>I'll have another try with the hard drive boot later today.
>
> Network boot PXE or Etherboot?

Not tried that yet due to the fact my "server" was recently
decomissioned and I haven't yet got my desktop machine to serve those
functions.

> Anyidea yet on the mainboard type and brand? What sort of BIOS?

Tiger MP (S2460)
http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tigermp.html

--
Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia