[plug] NIC driver for Easy Peasy 1.1

Kev kdownes at oceanbroadband.net
Mon May 25 15:18:37 WST 2009

Hello all,

I recently bought the latest Acer Aspire One (model D250) for my wife.
I bought the model with a 160g HDD and WinXP installed.  I have since
resized the Win partition and now have it happily dual booting eXPee and
Easy Peasy 1.1.

The problem:  The NIC in the AAO is reported (by eXPee) as being an
"Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller" and Easy Peasy (1.0 and
1.1) doesn't have a driver for this NIC.  I'm not technically adept
enough to understand source code or to compile my own kernel, and I'm
sure not adept enough to understand anything Google has thrown up at me
so far.  I've lobbed queries into both the AAO forum and the Easy Peasy
forum, but no response from either.  Is there some knowledgeable, yet
kind soul out there who is able and willing to help with this please?
The aim is to completely ween my wife off Windoze, but I'm not off to a
good start.

The machine is and Acer Aspire One - model D250
The NIC is an Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
The EasyPeasy 1.1 kernel is version 2.6.27-8-eeepc

Thanx in antici ............................................. pation,
Kev Downes

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kev at downes.name  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.