[plug] NIC driver for Easy Peasy 1.1

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Mon May 25 21:21:18 WST 2009

Hi,

Not familiar with Easy Peasy and it's requirements for compiling from
source, but here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1141529 (see
post #6), the person explained how they got the drivers compiled, from
source, in the ubuntu distro.

Also from this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne, some info:

*Note for Acer AspireOne D250*: Microphone doesn't work out of the box.
Download alsa-driver-1.0.20 from www.alsa-project.org and compile it
with ./configure --with-cards=all (initially microphone in the mixer is
muted!) In mixer settings input source should be set to "Mic" (default),
not "Front Mic". Still sound subsystem doesn't survive suspend-resume.
Ethernet card also doesn't work out of the box for D250. Download
AR813X-linux-v1.0.0.8.tar.gz from
http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx and install it manually. Ignore
gzip warnings about "trailing garbage".

This should help you along, I hope.