[plug] Kubuntu Koala

Scott Middleton scott at assuretek.com.au
Thu Nov 5 14:04:02 WST 2009

Hi Richard

I've been using vmware server on Ubuntu AMD64 since 8.04.
I've upgraded my server along the way to now 9.10. I have upgraded the
vmware on three occasions. The last one was the first problem I
encountered.
I used this webpage:
http://blog.mymediasystem.net/uncategorized/vmware-server-2-0-1-installation-howto-for-karmic-koala-x86_64/

I've never bothered debianising the installer as  it seems to want to
put things in the right place anyway. Whenever I upgrade my Ubuntu I
only have to run the vmware-config.pl to recompile the modules for the
new kernel. Actually been easy until the latest update.