[plug] Consolidated supply

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:21:27 WST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 20:35 +0800, Tim wrote:
> Just a heads up that seems to have been missed. A few years back
> telstra introduced a new thing about their lowest plan (approx $21 a
> month) which prevents you getting broadband with anyone other than
> telstra. To have broadband with someone other than telstra, and a
> telstra land line, you need to be on the roughly $28 a month plan.

You must have missed my previous post in this thread ...

I posted that I have the cheapest telstra plan (21.55 with gst) yet use
amnet for adsl. Either what you say is no longer true or never happened
- or I have slipped under their radar. I'd have thought the ACCC would
have had a thing or two to say about unfair competition that would have
prevented telstra doing what you say. It would amount to consumer
blackmail and may be an urban myth :-)

Gavin