[plug] Consolidated supply

Scott Middleton scott at assuretek.com.au
Fri Nov 6 09:19:37 WST 2009

2009/11/5 Gavin Chester <gavin.chester at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 20:35 +0800, Tim wrote:
>> Just a heads up that seems to have been missed. A few years back
>> telstra introduced a new thing about their lowest plan (approx $21 a
>> month) which prevents you getting broadband with anyone other than
>> telstra. To have broadband with someone other than telstra, and a
>> telstra land line, you need to be on the roughly $28 a month plan.
>
> You must have missed my previous post in this thread ...
>
> I posted that I have the cheapest telstra plan (21.55 with gst) yet use
> amnet for adsl. Either what you say is no longer true or never happened
> - or I have slipped under their radar. I'd have thought the ACCC would
> have had a thing or two to say about unfair competition that would have
> prevented telstra doing what you say. It would amount to consumer
> blackmail and may be an urban myth :-)

I have the exact same thing. I have had the exact same thing for the
last three houses over the last 7 years. I can call the local pizza 13
number, I know 000 works for my kids. To me its not worth it to go
"Naked" or ULL. Lose too much and gain very little.

I just moved to where I am now. Tee phone line quality was atrocious
but ADSL speed was good. Rang up and the came out and fixed it the
next day. Some doodad was under water in the pit spoke to the Tech for
a while and he came in and tested all the extensions as well. Can't
complain about that.

--
Scott Middleton
Managing Director