[plug] encrypting drives on a samba server and backups

Ari sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 21:11:35 WST 2009

I've done a little more research from the ideas presented here and am
about to have a go at implementing things. I was wondering what the
argument against using ecryptfs would be? Is there a way I could
implement this for him without having to have him rsync all his data
back to his server from the backup drives and then rsync it back to the
backup drives after encrypting them? Such as encrypting the partitions
in situ?

Ari