[plug] VNC access to an Ubuntu machine (or perhaps XDMCP)

Shanon Loughton autobot at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 1 15:47:14 WST 2009

I use x11vnc as the vnc server, although I cant remember config and
cant test login / greeter screen right now.  I know it has some level
of login support.

TO use, you'll need to disable the gnome remote desktop and install x11vnc.

>From the console thats
$sudo apt-get install x11vnc

The rest of the setup here & some good discussions:
http://foo-gr.blogspot.com/2009/05/remote-login-using-x11vnc-for-jaunty.html

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=965695&highlight=x11vnc+intrepid

And homepage FAQ:
http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/faq.html#faq-userlogin