[plug] imap2 issue

Jon L Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Oct 16 18:20:14 WST 2009

I'm having an issue where I cannot receive mail from imap2 on our mail
server.  Running tshark I can see the SYN packets when Outlook starts up but
it is only SYN packets.

The iptable has both an INPUT (sport) and OUTPUT (dport) rule

Snip of iptables -L

Chain Input

ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp spt:imap2

Chain Output

ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:imap2

Chain Forward

ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:imap2

Jon L Miller, CCNA, MCNE, CNS

MMT Networks Pty Ltd

Perth, Western Australia

Disclaimer

contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.