[plug] horizontal display problem with LCD using FC11

sothisistheinternet sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 22:26:42 WST 2009

Hi all,

My display is shifted about 3mm to the right on my 24" LCD. Windows
displays it dead centre, but not FC11. I'm using a 4 port KVM (for
years now) and I've tried switching the cables/positions but there's
no change. I tried connecting the FC11 box directly to the monitor:
same issue. I don't want to have to change the LCD settings using the
monitor's OSD every time I want to see my full display (scroll bars!!)
under linux. I seem to remember being able to use a gui tool to adjust
the horizontal location of the display in previous fedora core
incarnations, but such a tool doesn't appear to be included in FC11.
So far googling has not helped. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Cheers,

Ari