[plug] Iceweasel not showing other languages characters

Open Source.Lives open.source.lives at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 05:04:55 WST 2009

Hi Pluggers,

Signed up on this mailing list, but have not been posting much. So
helloooooooo to all members :)

Just wondering if someone could help us out, as Iceweasel is not showing the
language characters when I am viewing other websites, like a Japanese or
Chinese website.

I have gone into Iceweasel preferences and added the languages for the above
mention, but it with English as the first preference and the rest below it,
it still present itself as square blocks. When the above languages is
selected as first preference the websites presented itself correctly. But
when I type into the search field, I can only type in that language and not
in English.

Am I looking at the correct place to fix this situation?

As well, do anyone know where I can get information on setting up a network
between Linux & Windows? I have checked Samba, but trying to get my head
around the documentation.

OS
64 bit Debian 5.0.3

Thanks for your help.