[plug] Iceweasel not showing other languages characters

Andrew Greig agreig at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:36:00 WST 2009

Hi Quan,

You shouldn't need to change preferences in Iceweasel. It sounds like
you don't have the necessary fonts installed to display the Japanese and
Chinese characters. Have a search through the package list for files
named ttf-* that provide characters for those languages.

Regarding Samba, you could either read their official Howto or the
possibly out-of-date SMB Howto (http://tldp.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html)

Good luck
Andrew